The mission of the Diversity Committee is:
- Serve as resource on diversity issues in IvI.
- Make recommendations on best practices in hiring and retention for IvI.
- Raise awareness of diversity issues and best practices for creating and maintaining an inclusive environment within the institute
- Support IvI staff who are struggling with diversity issues by referring them to appropriate third-party resources
- Provide consultation for the IvI Director on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Work with the Faculty Diversity Office (FDO) when needed to discuss faculty wide initiatives and programs
Nanny Fund 2023
In 2023 the committee acquired funding from a grant from the Diversity Office of the Faculty, to support scientists with young children when they travel for work and need to combine their work with family care.
- Are you employed at IvI as academic staff (including PhDs and postdocs)?
- Are you the parent (or legal guardian) of a young child, under the age of 12?
- Do you need to cover travel and accommodation of a family member, friend, or childcare professional (a nanny) to the conference location to take care of the child(ren)?
- Or to finance additional help at home if the children do not travel to the conference venue?
The IvI Nanny fund can sponsor up to 10 grants for a maximum amount of 500 euro each. First come first serve, till the fund is completely used.
For more information on how to apply consult this page.
- Judith Good (chair person)
- Mike Lees
- Jan-Willem van de Meent
- Ana Oprescu
- Dolly Sapra
- Siddique Sheikh
- Jeanne Kroeger
- Nanne van Noord
Are you a IvI staff member and are interesting in joining us? Please contact us here.